


I've tried to incorporate our assignments the best that I can into projects that I have in mind or am working on. I was two out of three for this one.
1.) Beach playing: A group of children skipped school to spend the morning at the beach. Two boys covered themselves with sand, and my only real intimacy came briefly when a younger girl piggybacked on the oldest in the group. My biggest challenge as is often the case with children was trying to get them to forget about me and go on with what their activity. It was tough because they kept splashing me and were scheming to try to throw me in the water.
2.) Football warm-ups: I was looking for interaction between players during warm-ups, but instead concentrated on their physical contortions.
3.) Mozambican Wedding: This is something that I've wanted to do since I found out about it. There is a fantastic wedding chapel in Maputo that does civil services. You'll usually see and hear honking cars with ribbons parading down the avenue celebrating on Friday afternoons. I spent several hours working around the chapel trying to get the wedding that would fit the assignment best. The civil service is stale and quick, but directly after the service, the wedding party slips out the side door and there is lots of singing, some dancing and a line of guests pays their respects to the happy couple.

No comments:
Post a Comment