26.3.08

Easter Project




My project has stalled since my access became limited. However, I had intended to approach the project in chapters of small essays and picture stories. For instance, I want document their clinic, the baby house and the volunteers. In this short project, which is actually a chapter I covered workers. Arco Iris strives to be self-sufficient and has many of its own specialists such as carpenters, a tailor, teachers, a kitchen staff as well as care givers who they call "tias," or aunts.

2 comments:

jonowales said...

hi Mike,
i really like the bottom image of these three - wonderfully framed. Nice feel as he looks into the camera - as limited as your aceess may have been there - these three come across well... Good stuff mate! J

Mark Chilvers said...

I agree with Jono regarding the bottom image, very strong and nicely composed. However I find the baby picture a bit disturbing as it lokes like the big white hand is strangling the childs neck and the child is trying to release the grip. Probably not your intension but context and framing can heavily influence the reading of an image.