11.6.09

Atrial Fibrillation

Thanks to everybody for your notes and best wishes. It cheered me up to get support from the group. I've been released from the hospital here in Pretoria, South Africa where I was medivaced.
I'm still under treatment and am being kept here for another 10 days. Its overwhelming and still a bit surprising dealing with a heart issue with doctors trying to figure out why a young, healthy person has this problem (their words not mine).

When I was given ten minutes to pack a some things upon being sent to South Africa for hospitalization, the nurse accompanying me was a bit baffled as to why I insisted on bringing a camera, but I figure everyone from our group would understand. I took this self portrait hanging out in my room this afternoon after I was released and hopefully will be out soon to take pictures of something other than myself.

Thanks again for your thoughts and I'll keep you updated.–Mike

4 comments:

jonowales said...

hi Mike,
great to hear that youĂ re getting better, and that things are going in the right direction. of course you took your camera, what else could you take with you?:?

enjoy the downtime mate, and take care. we look forward to hearing from you soon......

J

Anonymous said...

Great you are getting better, I like your picture although you do look like you are sulking !! Hope you on top form soon lots of love lizzie xx

KATE @ LCC said...

so pleased to hear you're recovering- try and relax for a while - tho I can see you can't put that camera down! best wishes kate

rhian clugston said...

good to hear from you mike, and glad your in a mood to write. i reckon there's some great photos to be had in hospital, the equipment alone is fascinating and all the funny still life set ups people have beside their beds so no excuse to be bored...
keep us posted x