17.1.09

Sound






John gave me a a lot of useful advice yesterday as well as a few tips about sound yesterday in my tutorial. I plan on starting to do more sound on my beach erosion project on Maputo's marginal. I've done a bit using my Canon G10 which to my amateur ears sounds pretty good, but I will ultimately buy a better recorder, most likely the Zoom Handy H4 that Jono and Dean suggested. I'm not sure if I'll have to get a microphone with that but from what John, Ed Kashi and Paul have all said about getting a "good microphone," I imagine that I will probably have to get one.

3 comments:

Ju said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ju said...

Obrigada pela oportunidade que me está a dar por ver fotos desse país maravilhoso.
Vou voltar.
Um abraço

jonowales said...

Hi Mike
have to say that i've never got around to getting a mic yet; i've found the inbuilt mic with the H4 so good that i've never felt the need - but then maybe it's just adequate for wht i've needed so far.....as to the future.....?!?